Monday, December 8, 2008

NoVa Code Camp 2008.2

Last Saturday, I attended the NoVa Code Camp 2008.2 (http://novacodecamp.org) at Microsoft office in Reston, VA. I attended sessions on ASP.NET/MVC and SQL Server CLR and SSIS.

During the keynote, Jeff Schoolcraft mentioned that if you join the Montgomery County Library in Maryland that you get access to Safari (on-line book website) for free. Well, I got home and check my local library in Loudoun County in Virginia and they also have the same service for free. If you click on the Database and Homework table and then find the link to Safari Tech Books Online under the Books, Literature and the Arts area . The regular cost for Safari is $472.89 Per Year. As someone said at the Code Camp, it was worth the price of admission.

The organizers did a great job putting the event together! I look forward to the next one...

No comments: